Developments of JSC GLONASS, Forecasts of Deloitte, Approaches of Tesla, Reviews by Skolkovo: Results of the Fifth Connected Car Conference
On May 23, Moscow hosted the Connected Car Conference. The event from the international organizer Smile-Expo gathered dedicated experts from Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Perm, Ufa, Almaty, Tolyatti, and other cities working in different directions of the car industry field.
Attendees were representatives of KAMAZ, Toyota Bank, Fort Telecom, AvtoVAZ, LG Electronics Russia, BMW Russland Trading, General Mobile Corporation, STM, Kaspersky Lab, Meteorological solutions, Renault Russia, Rohde & Schwarz, STCrown THERMO, Visa Inc., Farvater, and many others.
Productive networking, interesting discussions, and much useful information – here is what united everyone at Connected Car Conference.
Reports: drones and electric cars, sharing, micromobility
Experts discussed directions important for the car industry:
- Auto evolution: how the modern car industry combines self-driving, electrification, connected transport, and sharing. Principles were explained by Kirill Zhanaydarov, Head of transport infrastructure projects at Skolkovo;
- How driver assistance systems can help to reduce the number of car accidents on roads. CEO at RGRAUTO Ltd., an Official Distributor of Mobileye, an Intel Company in the Russian Federation Roman Ferster told about the new-generation AD and ADAS systems.
- Driverless electric transport and its development: how does Tesla deal with it? Igor Antarov, Managing Partner at Moscow Tesla Club, shared secrets of the famous company;
- JSC GLONASS prepared national standards of technical control facilities (TCF) intended for registering minor road traffic accidents without the interference of police officers.
- Director of insurance telematics development at JSC GLONASS Pavel Bunin told how insurers could obtain data that could help to reconstruct the road accident and resolve legal disputes between participants of minor road accidents using the automated data system of the Russian Association of Motor Insurers (RAMI) and the infrastructure of ERA-GLONASS system.
- How may the automotive value chain may look like by 2025? Tatiana Kofanova, the Head of automotive company service group in Russia and CIS, Deloitte Consulting LLC, presented analytics-based forecasts.
- Micromobility in Russia: why scooter sharing and electric cargo bikes are growing in popularity? Co-founder of Samocat Sharing Denis Medvedev and CEO at Tesla KB Denis Netaliev were talking about the new and promising direction.
Besides, guests considered reports of the following speakers interesting:
- Konstantin Trofimenko, Director of Research Center for Megapolis Transportation Problems at the National Research University – Higher School of Economics;
- Anton Zhuravlev, President at Digital Age of Transport Association;
- Christian Böttger, Director of Development at A+S TRANSPROJECT;
- Ivan Zapolsky, Deputy CEO at Rightech;
- Alexander Kolomensky, Head of MTS Transport.
We also thank Ilya Volnov, Candidate of Engineering Sciences, and Deputy Head of Department at Moscow Polytechnic University: the audience marked high qualification and professional work of the conference moderator.
I have attended the conference during several years and each time I found it interesting. The world is changing, and the conference is changing as well. Being a creator of the resource oriented towards traditional cars, I was interested to hear how they will change in the nearest time, how car and electronics manufacturers see them.
Besides, themes about scooter sharing and electric cargo bikes was interesting. On the one hand, all of it influences car us. On the other hand, I am interested as a consumer and a man having connection to the operation of the online store.
Representative of Benzin-price.ru, online catalogue of Russian petrol stations
Panel discussion: Regulatory basis of digital tech aided transport. Regulatory framework for data exchange.
During the panel discussion, guests not only listened to expert opinions but also participated in discussions. Moderator of the discussion Antonina Levashenko, Head of the RANEPA Center of Competence and Analysis of OECD Standards, prepared a questionnaire for attendees. Guests and experts answered the following questions: who is responsible in case an AI-powered car makes a mistake; how to draft legal regulations intended for the development of digital technologies in the transportation field; what personal data is used when you drive an autonomous car; and many others.
We would like to highlight the professionalism of experts that took part in the discussion:
- Roman Yankovskiy – IP/IT adviser at Tomashevskaya & Partners;
- Ekaterina Larens – Senior Lawyer at Clifford Chance CIS Limited;
- Ivan Ermokhin – expert of Russia-OECD Center, member of the Expert council under the President of the Russian Federation, the Expert group of the Interagency working group on fighting against illegal financial operations.
Smile-Expo also thanks for the participation the exhibitor of the Connected Car Conference – Geomatics the distributor of Velodyne LiDARs and integrator of L-SCAN scanning systems designed for drones and cars. The company provided personal professional consultations to guests interested in dynamic optical systems.
Promotion of new technologies is important and themed media helped the Connected Car Conference with that:
- General information partner – the Intelligent Transport Systems of Russia magazine;
- Iks-Magazine – business periodicals for telecom, IT, and media professionals;
- Newstube – one of the first projects on RuNet that combines video news and documentaries of Russian and foreign television companies;
- AvtoSreda – information website about cars, popular in many Russian towns;
- the GLONASS Herald – journal about global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), and many others.
The event made a good impression on me, particularly from the standpoint of the organization. The realization was up to the mark! Reports were very interesting. I think that there might be more events of this kind in the future, so that people could keep up with the trends in the global automobile market via media.
Journalist of RACE24 online portal
We thank all participants, experts, and partners of the event for being active during discussions, sharing impressions and forecasts, and your interest in the themes that are innovative for the car industry.